Seattle Children's Hospital Registered Nurse: ED 0.9 FTE +call eves 3pm-3am in Seattle, Washington
As an integral member of the Health Care Team, the RN functions within the Scope of Practice as defined by the State, the ANA Scope and Standards for Pediatric Nursing Practice, and adheres to Seattle Children’s policies/procedures and guidelines of care. Responsible for providing safe, family centered patient care. Using the Nursing Care Process, the RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in a collaborative method with the patient and patient’s family, significant others, and members of the health care team. May be required to provide supervision and delegation of tasks to Nurse Technicians, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Medical Assistants, and others as defined by the State Administrative Code. Assists in meeting Seattle Children’s strategic goals by incorporating the initiatives to support the strategic plans into the daily work, i.e. Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI), ART, etc.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
• Current RN experience working in a Pediatric Emergency Department setting is preferred. However, we will consider RNs with current ED experience from a more traditional community based ED with some pediatric experience.
Willing to consider RNs with at least 3 years of adult medical surgical or ICU experience
Willing to consider RNs with at least 2 years of pediatric medical surgical or ICU experience
• Current Washington State RN License or ability to obtain before start date.
• At time of hire: Current Basic Life Support CPR for Healthcare Providers, or Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS), or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be accepted in lieu of BLS for Healthcare Providers.
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will be required within the first 90 days after hire.
• As per the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), for all ED RN's performing moderately complex point of care testing, a copy of a diploma or transcript of the highest level of academic achievement to be on record with Human Resources upon hire.
• All RN positions in the Emergency Department require on-call hours. The amount of call hours may vary.
• Current Pediatric ED RN experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
• CPEN, CEN, TNCC and NRP is also strongly preferred.
Working Job Title: Registered Nurse: ED 0.9 FTE +call eves 3pm-3am
Job ID / Requisition Number: 2018-25884
FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.9 FTE (72 hours per bi-weekly pay periods)
Name: Emergency Room
Shift: Evening/Night Shift