Washoe County ADVANCED PRACTICE REGISTERED NURSE in Reno, Nevada
Annual Salary: $74,630 - $96,969 (Salary range will increase accordingly with the 07/01/2018 COLA)
Deadline for Applying: Until Filled
Provides advanced professional nursing care which includes the delivery of primary health care, diagnosis and treatment of common medical conditions, minor surgery and invasive procedures, health education and counseling; and performs other related work as required.
This is an Open Competitive / Countywide Promotional recruitment being conducted to fill a current full time vacancy in the Human Services Agency. The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
For more information on this position, please see the Job Specification at https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobspecs.php
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate of arts or bachelor's degree in nursing and sufficient advanced, specialized nursing training to qualify for State of Nevada certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
* A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada is required at the time of appointment.
* Certified or eligible for certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with Nevada State Board of Nursing within three months of date of appointment.
* Fluent Bilingual-Spanish (Both Oral and Written Communication)
* Will demonstrate positive interpersonal and communication skills with all of those contacted in the course of work
* Will have a passion for helping and educating our community
* Will have experience working with children that have been exposed to abuse and/or neglect
* Enjoys working with diverse populations from various socio-economic backgrounds
* Has strong analytical skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment and take appropriate action
* Has demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues in a calm and professional manner
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Background checks will be conducted on selected applicants through the State of Nevada and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Certain positions in the Human Services Agency have access to criminal justice agency systems including NCIC and CJIS. All felony convictions, gross misdemeanor and certain misdemeanors will prohibit that employee from working with NCIC and CJIS criminal justice systems. Additionally, the department will run a background check via the Child Abuse and Neglect Registry.
* Human Services Agency applicant(s) will be required to have a tuberculosis test. The cost of the test will be borne by the selected applicant(s).
* The Washoe County Nurses Association (WCNA) Non-supervisory covers the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse position.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
1. After your application in screened, you will be notified via the email you provided whether or not you have met the minimum requirements for the position.
Those applicants who do not meet the qualifications have five (5) working days to file an appeal, and request a review of their qualifications.
2. The selection process will consist of an application evaluation weighted 100%. Applicants who meet the requirements for the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse position will be placed on an unranked eligible list. Candidates whose names are on the eligible list will be referred to the hiring department at close of the recruitment.
3. Candidates that appear to most closely match the Experience and Training Requirements will be interviewed by the department and will be notified by email or telephone to be scheduled for an interview.
If you have any questions regarding the Online Application Process you can find additional information at the following link: https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/faq/online/appprocess.php
Contact Carla Arribillaga, the Recruiting Analyst, at 775-328-2096 or email@example.com
HR Front Desk phone: 775-328-2081 fax: 775-328-6119
For additional information and to apply for the position, visit https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobopportunities.php
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• NV PERS Retirement - Washoe County pays 100% of the PERS contribution for each permanent employee
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance - Washoe County contributes 100% of premiums for employees and 50% for dependents. New employees will be automatically enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan with a Health Savings Account. Employees become eligible for health benefits after 90 days of employment.
• Vacation Accrual
• Sick Leave
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Longevity Pay
• There are no Social Security deductions (although a 1.45% deduction for Medicare is required)