Cook County Government LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE II -CERMAK in Chicago, Illinois
Job Summary AFSCME 1111 MEMBERS
Location:** Cermak Health Services, 2800 S California Ave, Chicago, IL 60608
*Department: *3rd Floor Medical - Patient Care Services
Shift: 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
The Licensed Practical Nurse delivers care to patients/detainees off all ages or assigned unit/division under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Care delivery is facilitated to assist the patient to achieve an optimum level of health. Contributes to the process of nursing practice and Nursing Practice Standards of the Department of Patient Care Services under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Demonstrates a cooperative attitude in support of health services and department philosophy and mission. Knowledgeable of department policies, procedures, standards and safety plans. Administers medication to a large number of detainees. Observes detainees for health problems and intervenes or reports to physician or Registered Nurse. Accepts responsibility for own professional growth and continuing education.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Graduate from an accredited school of Practical Nursing and current licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of Illinois *is required. *(Must provide proof at time of interview).
- Possession of a current CPR certification is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- Proof of successful completion of the requirements for medication administration (Pharmacology certificate) License Practical Nurse is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- One (1) year recent full time paid clinical experience in an acute care health facility or ambulatory care facility is required.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Ability to understand instructions and communicate effectively with patients as well as hospital staff
- Ability to maintain accurate records and be able to perform appropriately in the role of team leader
- Ability to collect pertinent data based on patient complaint
- Ability to formulate a diagnosis using nursing process
- Ability to provide safe, accurate and clinically competent direct care to detainees
- Ability to teach techniques or provide information according to established program
- Ability to communicate information to the patient and other health care disciplinary
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
*Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview. *
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posting: Mar 14, 2018, 2:07:01 PM
Closing Date: Mar 28, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Req ID: 00121370