Anthem Nurse Practitioner (Whittier area/Home Care) #PS2511 in Cerritos, California
Your Talent. Our Vision. At CareMore, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies specializing in providing senior Americans a complete and pro-active health care experience, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
CareMore is entering a new growth phase, as a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead health plans and clinical teams to care for the most complex patients, serving over 100,000 patients in seven states across Medicare, Medicaid, and soon, commercial populations. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America’s largest managed healthcare organizations.
CareMore is rapidly evolving our model to effectively engage and care for complex patients and are building a team of passionate and execution-minded leaders and frontline clinicians dedicated to this mission.
You can learn more about CareMore’s transformative approach to care here:
· The Atlantic – The Quiet Healthcare Revolution
The Advanced Practice Clinician (APC), CareMore@Home will serve as the provider for complex Medicare Advantage members in our LA/OC market (based around Whittier,CA) focused on providing both acute management for urgent complaints as well as comprehensive assessments for non-urgent cases in the patient’s home . The APC will work collaboratively as part of a mobile clinical team of advanced practice colleagues, physicians, medical assistants, and case managers to bring integrated care to the most in need. The APC will be responsible for effective care for complex medical issues, working at the top of his/her license, leveraging CareMore’s history of proven impact in Medicare Advantage and established training process for advanced practice clinicians.
· Excellent clinical acumen; an advanced practice clinician with a desire to practice as a confident generalist
· A true patient-centered approach, from a bedside manner that puts patients and caregivers at ease
· A collaborative team member and effective communicator
· Willingness to operate in an ambiguous environment, without continuous supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Proficient in the diagnosis, and treatment of primary, secondary, and tertiary health conditions to ensure best possible clinical outcomes; includes formulating comprehensive treatment and education plans for patients · Orders appropriate lab tests and diagnostic procedures and interprets results to aid in health promotion and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses; prescribes medication or other forms of treatment. · Effectively collaborates, coordinates, and communicates with members of the multidisciplinary team and outside providers; expertly leverages all resource included in clinical model and fosters cohesion within clinical team.
· Accurately documents patients’ medical information and appropriately assigns the correct coding for acute and chronic conditions
· Participates in On-Call program which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
· Follows evidence based practice guidelines and practices within scope of practice.
Minimum of 2-3 year of clinical experience as a nurse practitioner; experience with complex care; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. · 2-5 years of experience working in acute care settings such as ICU, CCU, telemetry, emergency medicine · Master’s Degree in Nursing Required and Board Certification · Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in applicable state required. · Prescribing or furnishing authority/DEA licensure in good standing as required in the state in which you are applying preferred; NPI billing number; Medicare Part D Prescriber · Proficient in use of EMR and other technology use · Must be flexible with local traveling within the assigned county for daily home visits and covering assignments for teammates in case of emergency, · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and occasionally lift patients. / / / Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at // antheminc.com/careers // . EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran. /
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Nurse Practitioner (Whittier area/Home Care) #PS2511
Requisition ID: PS2511