QuintilesIMS Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner (Overland Park, Kansas) in United States
In Quintile's Phase I Clinic, research studies are conducted that identify the medicines and medical devices that will help people live happier and healthier lives. It's work worth doing. The medical professionals who provide care and support for study volunteers are at the forefront of drug development. We have a rewarding career opportunity available for a Research Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner at our Overland Park, Kansas facility.
To provide clinical support to the Physicians and study specific teams within Phase I.
• Review pertinent materials for assigned studies including protocols/protocol synopses and investigators brochure. Discuss study details with volunteers, answer their questions, and assess their ability to provide informed consent.
• Assist in conducting research studies for assigned protocols including medical history, physical exam and performance of study activities such as obtaining study data within the scope of practice, monitoring volunteers for adverse events during conduct, and assessing symptoms and signs of illness. Document inter-current changes, illness, and findings from last physical exam
• Assess adverse events and update forms per SOP/protocol specifications focusing on start/stop and severity of adverse event
• Review study specific data such as: vital signs, electrocardiograms, laboratory results, and rating scales, with particular attention to those results which will disqualify the volunteer from study enrollment (Inclusion/Exclusion criteria).
• Promptly document clinical findings per SOPs/protocol specifications
• Work closely with the Medical Director regarding questions or concerns arising during the course of research
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES
• Experience in assessing a variety of volunteer/patient complaints by taking medical history, performing physical exam, interpreting supporting data and formulating a differential diagnosis
• Ability to efficiently and effectively document the patient’s adverse events
• Legible handwriting and ability to enter data to into internal database/system
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION ANDEXPERIENCE
• Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner training and degree (Bachelors in Science) with active state license
• 1 Year experience as a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner in the medical field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Frequent (on your feet) Face to face communication with volunteers, patients, staff, within a clinical setting
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled