Eastern Maine Healthcare System Nursing Tech/Unit Secretary in United States
Provide patient care within the scope of practice under the direction of an RN on assigned unit.
- Active and in good standing Maine CNA License Required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be adaptable in a fast paced, changing environment, possess exemplary customer service skills, and demonstrate consistent use of EMMC's caring behaviors.
- BLS required.
- A strong history of teamwork and a positive attitude required.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills and be a demonstrated team player. Must demonstrate reliability and accountability to team members and patients."?
- Medical terminology or equivalent preferred, but will train.? Medical Terminology required in 6 months.
- Computer skills required
- Strong desire to work with children and promoting a caring, nurturing environment.?
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Capacity to concentrate in a busy and often stressful environment.? Ability to come in close contact with people.?Sitting, and extended periods of standing and walking are required.Stretchers, monitors, pumps are moved several times a day to accommodate patient and equipment transfers. Reaching and stretching may be required at any time.? Ability to push and pull heavy computers on wheels; push wheelchairs with 300+ pound patients, frequently lifting 50 pounds without assistance; high volume of stooping, bending, lifting, pulling and twisting.? Must be able to stretch, reach, and retrieve equipment from the supply carts of bend to reach equipment supplied below knee level.? Must possess upper body strength, agility and lung capacity necessary to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation and have the ability to wear protective equipment and to pass fit testing. Portable O2 tanks are lifted from O2 racks to stretchers to accompany patients. Must be able to perform various sensory requirements such as visual and color acuity, speech, smell, touch, manual dexterity, fine motor skills and hearing in order to treat the patient accurately.?Use of the electronic medical record requires visual acuity for reading information on computer screens and fine motor skills for keyboarding and use of a mouse. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced clinical environment.? Participation in unit specific and hospital wide activities that promote self and staff development. Participation in the development of unit specific strategic goals that assist with the fulfillment of the Eastern Maine Medical Center mission and vision.?