Arthur J. Gallagher Nurse Consultant Senior in United States
At Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. (GB) we are constantly seeking skilled professionals who are up for a challenge and take exceptional performance to heart. The professionals we hire help us maintain our reputation as one of the most progressive property/casualty third party claims service organizations in our industry and throughout the world. Gallagher Bassett provides services to Fortune 1000 companies throughout 100 offices worldwide. For the past several years GB has ranked among the largest TPA's by Business Insurance Magazine and was also a recipient of the Business Insurance Readers' Choice award for "Best Third Party Claims Administrator." If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
Provides medical management and rehabilitation services to restore maximum independence and return individuals to employer of injury.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages medical rehabilitation programs within a payor setting to restore injured worker to maximum recovery and facilitate employee's return to work.
- Evaluates services of medical and rehabilitation providers and arranges for and coordinates appropriate evaluation, treatment, and counseling.
- Communicates with physician, injured worker, employer, referral source, and any other resource involved in worker's rehabilitation program.
- Evaluates home care services and equipment and determines need for home modifications.
- Coordinates home care and possible modifications with all parties involved. Estimates expenses related to the cost of rehabilitation and makes appropriate recommendations to referral source.
- Advises referral source of disability potential and cost factors on severe and high cost injuries.
- Commutes to site visit with medical providers, injured worker, employers, referral source, and other agencies involved in worker's rehabilitation program to coordinate services and facilitate a prompt return-to-work.
- Communicates with employers to determine job requirements of pre-injury occupation and to explore light-duty, modified, or alternate employment as necessary.
- Evaluates, reviews, and suggests changes where necessary in worker's medical treatment program.
- Analyzes results of treatment and medical status and reviews incoming provider reports.
- Identifies suitable employment opportunities consistent with individual's medical limitations/capabilities, aptitudes, and interests to restore individual to maximum independence.
- Generates reports to referral source to communicate case status, findings, and recommendations.
- Generates correspondence to referral source, medical providers, injured worker and other parties involved in the rehabilitation process.
- Anticipates and identifies problems and makes timely and practical decisions.
- Participates in case conferences in person and over the telephone, and participates in internal and external training to enhance and maintain proficiency.
- Advises referral source and injured worker of services available through community resources.
- Facilitates in-house staff education programs related to medical management.
- Documents case management observations, assessment, and plan in system.
- Associate's degree from an accredited school of nursing and a minimum of 5 years clinical experience in an acute care setting required.
- Must hold a valid license.
- Ability to maintain minimum of 145 billable hours and 90% quality for month required for full time employee.
- Must be working toward certification and must have minimum of 3 years in rehabilitation management.
- Must have valid drivers license and insurability.
- Additional experience accepted in lieu of degree, if candidate has an Active Registered Nursing License.
- Must have professional communication and presentation skills.
- Must be PC literate and able to produce own reports proficiently.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Columbia
Organization: Gallagher Bassett Services
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 35862