Liberty Resources, Inc. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Integrated Health Care in Syracuse, New York
Liberty Resources is dedicated to the health and well-being of the whole person. Liberty Resources provides easy and affordable access to primary care, as well as behavioral health care. Liberty Resources Integrated Health Care provides a range of services and supports. Our collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of licensed mental health counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, physicians, nutritionists, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses all work to achieve positive health outcomes.
Liberty Resources Integrated Health Care is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our dynamic team. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will function as a member of the Liberty Resources Integrated Care Clinic team in assisting with a full range of nursing/medical services for clients. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide health care to individuals diagnosed with mental illness, alcoholism, chemical dependency or substance abuse and perform other tasks and responsibilities within the framework of therapeutic counseling, health monitoring and screening, and the provision of wellness and recovery focused care. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will be under the supervision of the agency Medical Director.
Essential Job Functions:
• Performs interviews, health histories, mental status assessments, and diagnostic tests to determine diagnosis and current mental health status of clients.
• Provides medical crisis intervention/counseling as required by direct visitation or telephone contact. Completes evaluations, medication reviews, and care plans, reviews and progress reports.
• Participates in the management of clients’ medication regimens; prescribes drugs and psychotropic medication treatments as indicated by diagnosis and lab results.
• Provides psychiatric assessments, complex care management, and medication education to clients and families.
• Participates in the treatment planning process, and crisis intervention services when necessary.
• Provides medication education to clients and families.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively use the agency electronic medical record.
• Ability to work independently and with flexibility in days and hours of work.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
• Demonstrate sound judgment, aptitude and ability to work with clients with mental illness.
• Must be flexible and oriented to family work.
• Is sensitive to cultural differences and able to incorporate that understanding into service provision.
• Ability to lift individuals or assist them in transferring.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb stairs and lift objects of up to 10lbs as required.
To qualify for this position you must have a certificate and current registration to practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in New York State. At lease one year experience providing direct services in a clinical setting to individuals diagnosed with mental illness, or comparable experience preferred, but will consider recent graduates. Must have eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Must possess a valid New York State driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
Improving Lives Building Futures.
Liberty Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.