NV Employer Registered Nurse in Sparks, Nevada
Position: Registered Nurse
Schedule: Various Days and Shifts
Location: Reno/Sparks, NV
Wage: $ DOE
--To apply for this position you must visit a Nevada JobConnect office for a referral, and please bring your resume.
--Job Summary: Demonstrate proficient skills using Oasis to admit, transfer, re-certify, and discharge home health patients in regards to physician orders. Coordinate and supervise LPN's and HHA's in the delivery of patient care. Maintain compliance with agency policy and procedures. Follow Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
1. One (1) year of nursing experience as a R.N.
2. Registered nurse (R.N.) with a current license
3. Bachelor's Degree
4. Work positively and favorably with patients, families, and staff.
--Responsibilities/essential functions: The person in this position must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Perform the initial home care patient visit and re-evaluate the patient's needs and progress on a regular basis.
2. Initiate the plan of care under doctor's orders.
3. Perform admission, transfer, re-certification, resumption of care, and discharge Oasis for the home care patient.
4. Observe, assess, and document symptoms.
5. Monitor reactions and patient progress.
6. Educate patients and caregivers on disease process, medications, plan of care, and individualized treatment plans.
7. Educate patients and caregiver on techniques for in home health care.
8. Coordinate patient services.
9. Supervise LVNs and HHA's.
10.Notify the physician and other personnel (DON, PT, Case Manager) of change in the patient's condition.
11.Perform skill outline in the agency's approved policy and procedure manual.
12.Discharge the patient from skilled nursing services when the discharge criteria have been met.
13.Case conference clinicians providing care to ensure coordination of care.
14.Update clinical records according to policy and procedures.
15.Update knowledge and skills by attending in-service programs, continuing education programs, seminars, and self-study programs annually.
16.Provide onsite supervision of LPN/HHA.
17.Adhere to Medicaid and Medicare regulations.