Vinfen PACT Lead Nurse in Plymouth, Massachusetts
The Lead Nurse for the Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) works as part of a multi-disciplinary team and is responsible for conducting psychiatric assessments; assessing physical health needs; making appropriate referrals to community physicians; coordinating and organizing psychopharmacology services, and providing management and administration of medication in conjunction with the psychiatrist; providing a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services; and sharing shift-management responsibility with other staff. Additionally, the PACT Lead Nurse supervises the other two nurses on the team in the area of medical/medication issues.
- Provide case management and ongoing assessment for an assigned group of persons served, including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual treatment team (ITT);
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status, and diagnosis; physical and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning activities of daily living; and family structure and relationships
- Perform shift management in coordination with other PACT shift managers
- Provide on-call crisis intervention
- In collaboration with team nurses, manage pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- In collaboration with team Psychiatrist, coordinate, schedule, and administer medical assessments of persons served physical health, make referrals to community physicians and coordinate psychiatric treatment with medical treatment.
- Other duties as required
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks! Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers. My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
- Registered Nurse (RN) in state of service required, Bachelor's degree required.
- Five years direct experience in clinical program management, quality improvement and supervision in a mental health setting.
- Strong clinical and crisis intervention skills, competency in the use of formal and informal assessment tools and practices
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year. Additionally, this position requires a fully insured vehicle that you will use in the course of your daily work. You must be willing to transport clients in your vehicle.
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background, professional licensure and driving record check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check and vehicle access required
FULL-TIME: Full time - Regular
Region: South Shore / Cape Cod
Pay Rate: $68,000 / year
Schedule: Mon , 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm Tue , 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm Wed , 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Thu , 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Fri , 8:00 am - 4:00 pm This position requires weekend hours on a rotational basis. This position includes weekend hours on a rotational basis.
Standard Hours per Week: 40