HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Admit Unit in Plano, Texas
RN Admit Unit Full Time Days The Medical Center of Plano
/Sign on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions// /
The Admit Unit RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include * Admits patients from E.R. to inpatient * Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs. * Carries out physician orders. * Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs. * Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients. * Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care. * Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems. * Instructs and educates patients and families. * Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum two years hospital nursing experience required
- Telemetry experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Title: Registered Nurse RN Admit Unit
Location: Texas-Plano-The Medical Center of Plano
Requisition ID: 00058-91904