State of Arizona Registered Nurse (RN - ACPTC ) in PHOENIX, Arizona
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Arizona State Hospital - 501 N. 24th St., Phoenix, AZ 85008
“PromotingHealth and Wellness for all Arizonans”is the motto of the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS). ADHS promotes and protects the health of Arizona’s children and adults and sets the standard for personal and community health through direct care, science, public policy and leadership. ADHS is one of the largest departments in Arizona State Government with a budget of $1.5 billion dollars and a workforce of approximately 1550 employees.
Arizona Community Protection and Treatment Center/Arizona State Hospital
The role of Registered Nurse will entail direct psychiatric and medical care to patients of the Arizona Community Protection and Treatment Center. The individual in this role will provide professional and skilled nursing care for patients in collaboration the physician and other disciplines. This role will perform all aspects of patient care including continuous improvement of the patient’s experience, clinical outcomes, and promoting a healthy work environment.
This role offers rotating schedules to include any day of the week to meet the needs of the hospital and its patients. We offer weekend differential, shift differential, and guaranteed shifts. The Department of Health Services provides an excellent comprehensive benefit package.
– Providing direct psychiatric care and medical nursing care to residents; observing behaviors and physical status
– Transcribing doctor orders
– Administering medications and treatments
– Performing chart reviews
– Documenting in resident records
– Completing nursing assessments, summaries, and other documentation as needed
– Providing orientation, supervision, on the job training to new employees, and assisting in evaluation of job performance
– Attending in service training to maintain and/or increase knowledge related to the position
– Performing other duties as assigned
– This position requires incumbent to have and maintain a current Arizona RN license
– Principles of psychiatric nursing and general principles of medical, geriatric, and forensic nursing
– Nursing process in the development of care plans
– Psychiatric rehabilitation, pharmacology, infection control, and communication techniques, written and verbal
– Patient rights and responsibilities
– Concepts of performance improvement
– Basic computer programs and software related to the health record
– Knowledge of Performance Management (PM), and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Lean methodologies
– Assessment of resident’s physical and mental status
– Communicating with residents, nursing staff, members of the treatment team, and other departments
– Providing education to residents and staff
– Documenting observations and interventions
– Assess resident’s physical and mental status and resident needs
– Communicate with residents, nursing staff, members of the treatment teams, and staff from other departments
– Provide therapeutic interventions
– Documenting observations and interventions
– Respond to medical and psychiatric emergencies
– Support a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of public employment, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination
– Position requires current license as Registered Nurse in the State of Arizona
– A State Hospital employee must be able to obtain a valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card pursuant to A.R.S. § 41-1758.07.
– Preference will be given to applicants with Public Health experience
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
− Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
− Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
− Accrued vacation pay and sick days
− 10 paid holidays per year
− Deferred compensation plan
− Credit union membership
− Wellness plans
Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
− Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
− All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
− Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email[email protected] or call 602-542-4700 for assistance.
Post Date: 07/17/2017
Category: MEDICAL/HEALTH SERVICES