HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Manager - Adult PACU - OUMC in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Nurse Manager - Adult PACU Services OU Medical Center - Oklahoma City
General Description: Under general direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of services to ensure that quality health care is delivered.
/Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position. /
* Directs and coordinates, through supervisors, the activities of the department.
* Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives.
* Monitors and analyzes costs, prepares budgets.
* Evaluates, develops and implements process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
* Responsible for the hiring, promoting, discharging and transferring of employees.
* Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs of the unit; available for staffing needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* Arranges appropriate in-services and continuing education programs to meet the needs of the staff. * Ensures the proficiency of the staff on the unit.
General Responsibilities: * Performs other duties as assigned
Education:Graduate of an approved school of nursing Experience:Three (3) years of supervisory or charge nurse experience Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required:Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty (permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment). Current certification in Basic Life Support (CPR). Department specific requirements may apply, see attached if applicable.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: * Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures. Managerial skills sufficient for organizing, developing and supervising a department and staff. Knowledge of managerial functions such as budgets, statistical measures, report writing, performance improvement tools, etc. Computer literate. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must able to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time
Title: Nurse Manager - Adult PACU - OUMC
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-OU Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00322-26849