Open Door Family Medical Center SBHC Nurse Practitioner - Ossining MS & HS in New York, New York
Open Door Family Medical Centers has been serving low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care in the communities of Westchester and Putnam counties for more than 40 years, providing high quality primary health care and human services at affordable prices. Open Door’s nationally renowned Community Health Center sites, mobile dentistry units, school-based health programs, and its family practice and dental residency training programs, deliver exceptional value to both patients and the communities it serves, dedicated to engaging men, women and children in healthier lifestyles and creating healthier communities.
This year, Open Door will be the medical home for more than 50,000 patients, providing more than 250,000 visits. Our family medical services include primary medical care, dentistry, mental health, optometry, podiatry, and women’s health in Ossining, Sleepy Hollow, Port Chester, Mount Kisco, Mamaroneck, and Brewster, NY.
Open Door believes that healthcare is a right, not a privilege, with primary care to be affordable and delivered cost-effectively. We believe that healthy individuals and families are the foundation of a caring society, and that those empowered to lead healthy lives contribute significantly to our communities’ success. For additional information, please, visit www.opendoormedical.org.
Join a busy and dedicated School Health Based Center program in providing quality care to students in the Port Chester and Ossining Schools. The dynamic, exciting and challenging School Based Health Centers in the Ossining High School and the Ossining AMD Middle School seek a motivated team player. Provide primary health care, with a health-oriented, family-centered approach, three days per week in the Ossining High School and two days per week in the Ossining AMD Middle School. Establish a therapeutic relationship with patients and their families, and encourage patients to become active participants in their health care.
All Open Door Family Medical Centers are located in just north of New York City in Westchester and Putnam counties, which offer excellent schools, easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities, and superb transportation connections to New York City.
- Provide high quality primary care to adolescent patients enrolled in the Open Door’s School Based Health Centers.
- When the School Based Health Centers are not open, provide care at one of the Open Door Community Health Centers
- Share in the responsibility of site administration with other members of the health care team
- Provide comprehensive patient care and establish a family/school partnership to meet the needs of the patients on an ongoing basis
- Identify, diagnose and treat actual or potential health problems through case finding, health teaching, and health counseling.
- Pediatric or Family Nurse Practitioner licensed in NYS prior to start date
- Proficient in Spanish preferred
- Patient-centric, empathetic, engaging and efficient, with excellent active listening and communication skills
- Outstanding clinical capabilities and judgment
- Focused on collaborative team-based care
- Primary care experience caring for children in pre-kindergarten through grade 12
- Independent thinker, able to manage SBHC administrative tasks and site
- Responsive and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high accountability environment
- Proficient in EHR systems
- Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resources where they will be most useful
- Comfortable receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with a culturally diverse patient and staff population
- Passionate about providing high quality primary health care to low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at Open Door Family Medical Centers. In addition to working to effect positive change in the health and lives of thousands of residents of Westchester and Putnam counties, Open Door offers its employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and 401(k), generous paid time off, onsite Wellness facilities, and educational assistance. Aside from excellent benefits, we offer a competitive salary and annual bonuses based on patient care.
At Open Door, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our patients and the communities we serve.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of patients, and if this position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to improve the health of our communities, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Open Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer.