NYU School of Medicine Per Diem-Nurse - Center for Women's Health (Upper East Side, NY) in New York, New York
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a PD-Nurse.
In this role, the successful candidate carries out patient care responsibilities with emphasis on decision-making related to the steps in the nursing process to include assessment, diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe and compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and Nursing Standards. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider (physician or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to implement a comprehensive patient centered plan of care to achieve expected outcomes.
- Collects patient healthcare data systematically and on an ongoing basis using appropriate assessment techniques and instruments.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnoses.
- Identifies expected outcomes and anticipates unexpected or adverse outcomes as individualized to the patient.
- Provides Emergency care in accordance with the Centers Policy.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluates the patients progress toward attainment of expected outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family to facilitate and promote healthy adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and cultural groups in all patient care activities.
- Supports the missions, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, Departments of Nursing, and service line.
- Participates in coordination of unit activities to provide patient care in a healing, humane and caring environment.
- Collaborates with the members of the interdisciplinary team and promotes collegial relationships.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NYUMC Service Standards and incorporates into the performance of responsibilities.
- Participates in designated activities related to standards and regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to fulfill responsibilities.
- Engages in self-assessment and participates in activities to promote own professional growth and development.
- Serves as a support and resource for nursing staff and students.
- Utilizes resources to meet individual learning needs and promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Participates in unit based quality and performance improvement program consistent with service and departmental program.
- Maintains awareness of current evidence-based practice and uses research applicable to patient care.
- Participates in clinical inquiry and activities to foster evidence-based practice.
- Participates in quality improvement programs and activities that promote patient, family, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York
- Diploma or Associate’s Degree in Nursing requires a minimum
- One year experience in conjunction with plan to earn baccalaureate degree
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills
- Physician stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities
- BCLS and ACLS certified
- Nursing Experience preferred
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing highly preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military or veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster. To view the EEO supplement, please visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.