Intermountain Healthcare Registered Nurse - CVIS-I-Cath Lab - Logan Regional Hospital in Logan, Utah
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The CV Invasive Specialist performs duties necessary for cardiac catheterization procedures at a technical and professional level requiring some proctoring and supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require some independent judgment. Assumes responsibility and initiative for designated areas and procedures as required.
Essential Job Duties
- Participates in the procedure room preparation and post procedure turn around.
- Develops specific knowledge with regard to invasive, diagnostic and interventional supplies, appropriate indications and applications, and proper use and deployment techniques.
- Makes hemodynamic recordings, calculations, and interpretations.
- Provides emotional support for both the patient and family members.
- Assists in inventory control.
- Fosters teamwork and cohesiveness with all team members and Physicians.
- Provides patient education, as needed and assures patient comfort.
- Assesses the patient's condition, documents it, and informs the physician of deviations from normal criteria throughout the procedure.
- Develops specific knowledge with regard to cardiopulmonary pathophysiology, pharmacology, anatomic anomalies, and specific treatment options.
- Understands and applies principles of x-ray generation and safety. Understands and demonstrates the correct operation of imaging equipment.
- Provides procedural assistance as a circulating tech, scrub tech, or monitoring tech, according to cath lab policies and procedures and Scope of Practice documents.
- May mix and administer some medications under the direction and supervision of the physician.
- Performs point of care testing and QA.
- At the end of the procedure, may apply closure device, suture the sheath in place, or remove the sheath and apply pressure to obtain hemostasis.
- Provides for the thorough and accurate documentation of each procedure and associated events.
- Develops skills in operating, calibrating and troubleshooting all equipment in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory.
Scrub, circulate and monitor in diagnostic, interventional and CRM procedures.
- Complete procedure data entry, acquire and process imaging studies, hemodynamic assessment and calculations
- Complete intra-procedure CathPCI registry requirements and prepare procedural reports
- Entry Rate: $26.69
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Two nurses @ 8 hours a week for both one week and then 16 hours the second week for one of them. The shift is a 7-4 shift with rotation of on call from 4pm until 7am during the week and 24 hours per weekend day.
- Department: Cath Lab
- Additional Details: Must live within 30 minutes of the hospital because of need for on call.
- Basic Life Support Certificaiton (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- ACLS or PALS certification.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology, Cardiovascular Technology, Respiratory Therapy, Nursing program or other accredited academic program in health sciences (AS degree) or Bachelor's degree in any field.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Current license, where applicable
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- RN License
- Must be able to arrive at the hospital within 30 minutes.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 8
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Job Type Part Time