Missouri Employer Licensed Practical Nurse(LPN) PRN in JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri
Directs, provides nursing care to the residents, and supervises the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing staff by performing the following duties. Maintains the Core Values that support the Christian Mission of Company , Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest .
* Assess and manage the functions of the nursing staff in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the long-term facility.
* Participate in maintaining our written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Department.
* Ensure that the Nursing Procedures Manual is followed by nursing personnel, and that it reflects the day-to-day nursing care procedure used by the facility.
* Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents total regimen of care.
* Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
* Participate in the maintenance of the facilities quality assurance program for the Nursing Department.
* Participate in survey inspection made by authorized agencies.
* Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director as required concerning the operation of the Nursing Department.
* Meet with your assigned nursing staff at beginning of each shift to give a resident report, and give nursing assistants and medical technicians their assignments.
* Be familiar with the departments policies and procedures.
* Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required, with paperwork.
* Complete accident/incident reports as necessary.
* Write resident charge slips and forward to the Business Office.
* Ensure that the written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Department are followed by all nursing personnel.
* Ensure all nursing personnel are following their respective job description
* Recommend to the DON the equipment and supplies you need for the unit.
CHARTING AND DOCUMENTATION:
* Chart all accidents/incidents involving the resident or employee.
* Encourage attending physicians to review treatment plans, record and sign their orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance with established policies.
* Utilize care plan for documentation of nurses notes.
* Chart nurses notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the residents as well as the residents response to the care.
* Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the residents admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
* Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the physicians order form.
* Record new/changed diet orders. Forward information to the Food Service Department.
* Transcribed physicians orders to resident charts, and MAR s treatment/care plans as required.
* Assure the appropriate documentation concerning unauthorized discharges is entered in the residents medical records in accordance with established procedures.
* Report all discrepancies noted to the supervisors concerning physicians orders, diet changes, charting errors and fill out appropriate forms.
* Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with our established Charting and Documentation P