Iasis Healthcare Registered Nurse (RN) - Traveler - Emergency Department - 8 - 13 Week Contract, 7a - 7p - $55/hr in Houston, Texas
Assesses and provides treatment for infant,child, adolescent, young adult, and elderly patients according to chiefcomplaint and presenting symptoms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triages,assesses, and prioritizes patients upon arrival according to theESI Level 5 Triage System.
- Performsprimary and secondary assessments on patients with traumatic injuries, andinitiates immediate nursing care and therapy for patients presenting withcardiac symptoms.
- Assessesand manages patients with rapidly changing andor life-threatening conditionsin accordance withEmergencyCareCenterguidelines, order sets, and Advanced Cardiac and Pediatric Life Supportprotocols.
- Manages pain control needs for all patients.
- Providescare and education congruent with age-related needs for the infant, child,adolescent, young adult, and elderly populations.
- Educatespatient or caregiver on appropriate home care, including safe and effective useof medications, pain management and comfort, needed referrals and resources,and when to seek further care and follow-up after emergency care.
- Maintains eight (8) hrs of strokespecific education yearly.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The Emergency Department (ED) is designated as a Level III Trauma Center for adults and children. The Emergency Department has a total of sixteen (16) acute care beds and eight (8) "Fast-track" beds. Of the sixteen (16) acute care beds; one (1) bed is designated for psychiatric, and one (1) bed for isolation; and two (2) beds for major trauma/critical care. Sixteen (16) beds have central cardiac monitoring, and there are four (4) portable monitors that can be utilized for transports.
One year experience in ER.
- Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of theState ofTexasto practice professional nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
- Current ACLS/PALS and TNCC certifications required.
- TNCC is required within 6 months of employment for new hires.
Education & Training
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job reference #: 1704925