Iasis Healthcare Registered Nurse (RN) - Family Birth Center (OB-Gyn);FT Weekends only; Night Shift in Houston, Texas
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses postpartum patients’ physical condition and monitors parameters for both vaginal and cesarean section deliveries through discharge from the hospital.
- Assesses neonates’ physical condition and monitors parameters through discharge from the hospital.
- Manages pain control needs for postpartum patients and newborns.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an individualized and specific discharge plan of care based on an assessment of the patient and family/significant other’s needs.
- Promotes a philosophy of maternal/infant care that advocates breastfeeding and supports the normal physiological functions involved in the establishment of this maternal/infant process.
Assesses for and in collaboration with the medical staff, stabilizes and evaluates effectiveness of interventions for obstetrical/medial complications such as:
Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH)
Thermoregulation of the Newborn
Hypoglycemia of the Newborn
Engages in the development of a caring milieu for grieving families.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The Family Birth Center (FBC) comprises 2 floors of the Women's Center. The third floor has twenty-eight (28) beds and a Transition Nursery. The fourth floor has twenty-two (22) beds with the capability to flex up to twenty-eight (28) beds. The fourth floor has the capability of a Transition Nursery.
Women's Operating Room:
Hours of operation are from 0630 until 1500 Monday through Friday for scheduled cases with emergency call coverage from 1500 until 0630 the following day and 24 hour call coverage on the weekends and holidays. The WOR are consists of a 2 bed holding area, 5 surgical suites and a 4 bed PACU.
One year experience in OB/Gyn.
Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State ofTexas to practice professional nursing.
Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
- NRP certification required. Education & Training:
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job reference #: 1705228