Zenith Education Group Department Chair - Nursing in Henderson, Nevada
Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
The Department Chair, in addition to instructional responsibilities, is responsible for advancing Zenith's goal of academic excellence and student success through the oversight of daily operations, administrative tasks, and academic issues for multiple academic programs. The Department Chair performs administrative tasks such as the scheduling of classes, assignment of faculty teaching schedules, coordination of room scheduling, etc. for all assigned programs. Additionally, Department Chairs play a key role as they work with Program Chairs and Academic Leaders in course and program curriculum assessment and development for all assigned programs. Department Chairs work closely with Program Chairs and faculty on assessment efforts at the classroom, course, and program level including assisting with classroom observations and reviewing student evaluations of faculty for all assigned programs. Department Chairs take a leadership role in advising program chairs, faculty and students concerning academic requirements for all assigned programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Department Chairs model effective teaching pedagogy and best practice teaching techniques as well as the mastery of Zenith learning management and student retention systems as they teach an instructional load based on a release time formula for Department Chair duties. Department Chairs must meet the Faculty IV requirements for teaching found in the Zenith Faculty Job Description.
Prepare to meet faculty requirements for externship support for their designated program, including:
- Review and approval of appropriate Externship sites
- Provide and orient the site as to expectations and what externship entails
- Provide oversight of the practicum experience as needed
- Ensure appropriate and sufficient evaluation of student achievement in the practicum experience
Ensure there are adequate faculty, course offerings, and facilities and equipment to accommodate the needs of the students within the department.
- Schedule faculty assignments in accordance with company, State, and accreditation standards.
- Coordinate and assist in the implementation of a retention plan and oversight of student retention within the assigned department, meeting retention rates in accordance with institution, accreditation and company attrition goals.
- Coordinate and monitor student advisement to ensure each student receives individual attention as warranted to promote student success.
- Provide student appreciation, morale maintenance, award assemblies, and resolve student issues in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Conduct departmental curricula review, instructional material review and selection, and equipment needs assessment, and make recommendations for curriculum updates and revisions as appropriate.
- Coordinate the implementation of updates of programs of study, course descriptions, class schedules, syllabi, timely acquisition of textbooks and related academic equipment and supplies.
- Participate in program roll outs to include faculty and curriculum related training to include familiarity with the use of technology in the delivery of classes.
- May assist in the preparation of and maintain the department budget.
- May recommend and assist with the processing of program capital expenditure requests.
- Ensure the repair and maintenance of department facilities, equipment, training aids and tools.
- May manage all program inventories to include routine purchase decisions and the proper, timely processing of invoices and documentation of expenses.
- Assist in and help coordinate the recruitment, selection, orientation, supervision, development and evaluation of faculty, including training, classroom observations, career advancement opportunities, and development of departmental goals and measurements to ensure efficient and effective departmental performance.
- Monitor the professional development of assigned faculty and monitor completion of projected monthly goals.
- Perform monthly feedback and coaching sessions with documentation provided on the faculty goals worksheets.
- Conduct annual reviews of assigned faculty.
- Conduct and document departmental meetings of all department faculty.
- May coordinate and supervise externship experiences.
- Maintain policies and procedures to comply with all regulatory requirements including internal audit, State, Federal governing bodies, and accreditation agencies.
- Assist in accreditation processes and applications including accreditation visits.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of activities, meetings and programs that will ensure Program Advisory Committees function in a manner consistent with accreditation standards.
- Maintain industry related program accreditation, license or recognition to include application, maintenance of documentation, and ensuring compliance with all requirements/regulations.
- Ensure that all educational activity is conducted in a legal and ethical manner.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Complies with all Zenith Education Group Policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Must meet the minimum requirements for at least one of their assigned programs as outlined in the Instructor Credentialing and Requirements Handbook.
- Experience with coaching and leading people
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
- Demonstrate leadership and communication skills
- Responsive to requests for service and assistance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work assigned/flexible hours necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis
- Reports to - Campus Director/Academic Dean or Academic Dean,
- Direct Reports - Faculty, Program Chair
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.