MedExpress Urgent Care Physician Assistant in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
General Position Summary:
- To provide a broad range of health care services. Maintains close working relationships with physicians and other mid-level providers to provide and direct high quality urgent care services while always ensuring the MedExpress vision and values.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates and understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment. All medically related functions performed by a physician assistant are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician.
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal. Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D;, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care. .
- Upon receiving approval for prescriptive authority from applicable State Board of Medicine, prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Medicine and other such regulating bodies. Prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Interpret the application of OSHA and HIPAA laws. Maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
- A Master's degree and certification by one of the Physician Assistant certifying bodies is required. Must have and maintain a DEA license with no restrictions.
- Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting is preferred.
- Must be able to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Center Based: Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens/ Also requires: travel to other centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50lbs.
Healthcare, Medical, Clinical Operations, Urgentcare, Great Care. Fast, Expanding
About the Organization MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly® in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
Competitive salaries and benefits
Flexibility and balance
Appreciation and recognition
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
EOE Statement MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Title: Physician Assistant
Category: Healthcare - Provider
Location: MedExpress - Greensburg