HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN/Reigstered Nurse Medical Surgical - PRN in Fredericksburg, Virginia
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides nursing care within the philosophy, objectives and policies of SRMC.
- Knowledge and skills to provide quality nursing care via the nursing process.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate Patient Education documentation modality.
- Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Perform job task to ensure patient, personal and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Demonstrates leadership in the charge nurse role by supervising the delivery of care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Preferred: BSN or enrolled in a bachelor’s of nursing program.
Required: Current Virginia license (or multi-state compact license with eligibility to practice in Virginia). Required: Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider.
Preferred: 2 years of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: RN/Reigstered Nurse Medical Surgical - PRN
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-13973