Cigna Nurse Practitioner - Onsite Health - Fort Myers, FL in Florida, Florida
Cigna Onsite Health offers a different way to practice medicine for providers. Our providers work independently onsite at our employer clients, and provide quality care to their employees in support of evidence-based medicine guidelines, in a corporate setting, with no weekends or “on-call” hours. Paperwork and administrative work is limited so our providers can focus on providing high quality patient care.
Cigna Onsite Health focuses on the individualized treatment and coaching of employees in the workplace environment. We provide accessible, quality care and guide employees and their families to Cigna resources and relevant employer wellness programs.
Because of the convenient location, Cigna Onsite providers are readily accessible to employees of our host client. This allows them to more easily build a trusting relationship with their patients and provide a level of care and service that is different than what is traditionally seen in the community. As an employer sponsored clinic, it is not open to the general public.
Cigna Onsite Health providers and staff emphasize quality interactions with patients, offering preventive care services and health improvement opportunities whenever possible. When patients need to see a specialist, our clinicians will refer to high quality providers, such as Cigna Centers of Excellence, Cigna Care Network physicians, or other quality networks. Combining clinical skills with caring staff using Cigna’s integrated data, our clinicians provide holistic care, including primary care, acute episodic treatment, screening, coaching and preventive services that lead to optimal Health Improvement.
- Primary Care treatment in an Employer-based setting
- Urgent Care requiring limited to no follow-up
- Extended Episodic Acute Care which can include 4-5 visits for an illness or injury that is limited in its chronicity
- Provide monitoring of chronic conditions in conjunction with patient PCP, i.e., blood pressure checks, Glucose monitoring, etc.
- Oversight and ability to perform specimen collection onsite for employee convenience
- Ability to provide oversight and ability to run onsite CLIA waived tests
- Ability to evaluate patients who need to go on, or are already on, Short Term Disability and work with the Case Management team
- To work with onsite employees to provide biometric screening and education in clinic
- To assist HR team in providing onsite immunizations
- To provide Travel Medicine recommendation and immunizations
- To assist in developing and implementing onsite educational programs based on sites medical dynamics (i.e., obesity, smoking cessation, etc.)
- To evaluate and provide direct one on one health coaching to employees along with referring patients into Wellness programs while working as a team member with telephonic wellness team
- To dispense prepackaged medications onsite (if allowable by law)
- To respond to onsite emergencies until EMS can arrive
- BLS training and the ability to utilize and AED when appropriate
- To assist patients to increase knowledge of specific condition through individual and/or group educational opportunities
- Promote team approach to healthcare through fostering of relationship with MAA
- Keep license current and attend appropriate CME educational opportunities
- To assist in the development of appropriate treatment protocols based on Evidence Based Medicine when applicable.
- The ability to communicate with both internal and external customers
- The ability to present to group of employees on various related health topics
- Active and unrestricted NP license required, in respective state
- Graduate of Certified NP program
- Minimum of at least 1 or more years of primary care experience, working independently in an internal medicine or family practice setting
- Experience and ability to work in a primary care setting
- Passionate about health and wellness and educating patients
- Electronic Health Records experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Ability to partner with local HR to better employee’s health
- Ability to speak to groups
This role is based onsite in Fort Myers, FL and relocation is not offered.
US Candidates Only : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: Florida-Florida
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2017, 9:41:01 AM