Missouri Employer Certified Nurse Assistant FT Day Shift in COLUMBIA, Missouri
Provides supportive and functional care to residents with routine daily care in accordance with established community care procedures as directed by nursing leadership. Works as a member of and collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team with a focus on maintaining the resident as the director of their care.
A CNA upholds the philosophy, vision, and core values of the organization and ensures the Christian Mission of Company is realized so that Older Adults Live Life to the Fullest .
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
CNA - Practice within the scope of certification and by state and federal regulations and in accordance with the standards as defined in the currently recognized state Certified Nursing Assistant Training Manual. Practice in accordance with the LSS clinical and administrative policies and procedures.
* Provides medical and physical care, in accordance with their scope of practice CNA, to the residents to meet their daily needs.
* Handles the residents personal care needs and support in a timely manner. Helps the resident keep their dignity by letting them do as much for themselves as possible.
* Observes the residents closely and identifies changing needs and conditions. Reports information to the nursing staff.
* Actively participates in the resident s care/service plan for the purpose of improving the life of the resident.
* Assists residents during mealtimes and feeds residents that need full assistance.
* Creates and maintains meaningful relationships with residents and families.
* Supports the resident s involvement in decision making regarding their daily activities. Assists the residents with activities.
* Assists with therapies and treatments under the direction of licensed personnel.
* Respects privacy, follows HIPPA requirements, only shares information on an as needed basis and always knocks on a resident s door before entering.
PERSON-CENTERED CARE CULTURE AND EXPECTATIONS RELATED TO THE ROLE
* Makes the setting become home to the resident allowing them to have a voice in their choices.
* Helps make the setting a healthy and happy place.
* Treats residents as you would a valued family member with kindness and respect.
* Ability to be open-minded and flexible in meeting the needs and desires of the resident and their family.
* A desire to learn about the residents by observing their behavior and listening to them.
* A willingness to take an active role rather than waiting to be told what to do.
* A desire to solve problems using common sense and creativity and seeking help when needed.
* A desire to have a voice in the care and concerns of the resident.
* 9. A desire to be a good team member and show respect for other team members.
* Participates in training on solving conflicts and works to solve conflicts.
* Discusses concerns about a resident in private with appropriate people, for example the leadership team, resident s family, etc.
* Thinks of new ideas and fun activities that will interest the residents.
* Is sensitive to residents with dementia and tries to find ways to connect with them.
* Encourages and supports residents to continue to maintain independence and to continually learn and grow, encouraging them to live life to the fullest.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* A desire to be part of the