University of Virginia Health System RN Clinician 1 - Winter 2018 Nurse Residency Program in Charlottesville, Virginia
Entry-level professional nurse, focused primarily on developing knowledge and skills. Provides safe patient care at a basic level and shows growth in ability to care for increasingly complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a basic skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Requires consultation with more experienced clinicians and benefits from feedback.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure at the Clinician 1 level.
- Organizes, prioritizes and coordinates nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient at the Clinician 1 level.
- Implements patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs at the Clinician 1 level.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care and care coordination, progressing patients toward desired outcomes at the Clinician 1 level.
- Develops and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient at the Clinician 1 level.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others at the Clinician 1 level.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of patient care at the Clinician 1 level.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree preferred.
- Experience: No experience required.
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
For an application to be consider complete applicants must provide their current resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts. Please attach this information to your active application.
Interviews for the Winter 2018 Nurse Residency Program began in September and will continue until all positions are filled. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by a Human Resource representative.
If you are hired into a Clinician I position, you will be automatically enrolled in our Nurse Residency Program which consists of 12 classes meeting once a month during the first year of employment. Upon successful completion of the Nurse Residency Program, UVA Clinician I RNs earn 3 academic credits through UVA's School of Continuing & Professional Studies.
Start dates for the Winter 2018 NRP ranges from late January through late March and depends on RN licensure.
Pay Range: 21.70 - 35.91
Primary Location: Charlottesville City-Charlottesville
Work Locations: Main Hospital (MainHosp) 1215 Lee St. Charlottesville, 22908
Job: Registered Nurse
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 31, 2017
Req ID: 33885