University of Virginia Health System Pallative Care Advanced Practice Nurse 2 NP - Outpatient in Charlottesville, Virginia
POSITION SUMMARY: Masters-prepared nationally certified clinician who manages the care of a defined patient population as a dominant aspect of the role. Recognized as an interdisciplinary leader within the service area. Consistently demonstrates core competencies of advanced practice in a defined specialty:
- Expert direct clinical practice
- Research skills
- Clinical and professional leadership
- Ethical decision-making
- Expert coaching and guidance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Relationship Based Care reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:**
- Education: Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience: None
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Licensed to prescribe medication in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
GENERAL INFORMATION: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Pay Range: 79,497.60 - 127,192.00
Primary Location: Charlottesville City-Charlottesville
Work Locations: Emily Couric Clin Cancer Ctr (CancerCtr) 1240 Lee St Charlottesville, 22908
Job: Registered Nurse
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2017
Req ID: 33291