University of Virginia Health System Assistant Nurse Manager Ambulatory - Sports Medicine in Charlottesville, Virginia
Responsible for supporting the ambulatory manager in administrative duties of the clinic. The Assistant Manager will provide leadership by collaborating with members of the health care team to maintain standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Participates in organizational and clinic based quality improvement activities, and provide input on standards of care. Able to provide patient care when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises care provided by maintaining high visibility to patients/families and staff in the clinical area(s).
- Share accountability with manager for clinic/department/organizational goals achievement.
- Staff Management to include recruitment, coaching, training, evaluation and development, as well as preparation and delegation of work schedules and workflow.
- Under supervision from manager, participates in basic human resource functions.
- Provides managerial support as required. Develops, implements and participates in Quality Improvement Processes activities. Works with members of the health care team in activities designed to improve patient care outcomes.
- Provides leadership and serves as a resource in the provision of patient care and unit activities. Assists staff in development of problem solving and decision making skills.
- Maintains all records pertaining to the staff competency and quality audits and other related records.
- Serves as a professional role model, coach, and resource for employees. Participates actively in Nursing and/or hospital committees and work groups.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: At least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required -OR- must obtain a BSN degree within 3 years of hire date. Master's degree preferred. Experience: At least two years’ experience as a registered nurse, 3-5 years preferred.
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Pay Range: 69,201.60 - 110,718.40
Primary Location: Albemarle County-Charlottesville
Work Locations: Fontaine (Fontaine) Ray C. Hunt Drive Charlottesville, 22903
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 31, 2017
Req ID: 33844