U.S. Army Medical Command Practical Nurse in Camp Carroll, South Korea
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
These positions are located in South Korea at various US Army Medical Activities. For more information you may visit: http://www.korea.amedd.army.mil/default.html
This is a standing register and there is no guarantee for referral based on applying to this announcement. The closing date of this announcement has been changed to 2017-09-29 from 2017-12-16.
As job opportunities occur, referral lists may be issued from this announcement. Candidates will be contacted directly by the hiring organization when they are being considered for a position.
This announcement may be used to fill permanent, temporary, or term positions.
This announcement may be used to fill supervisory positions. This announcement may be used to fill Practical/Vocational Nurse positions in the following specialty areas: Office Automation (OA), Administrative, Psychiatric, Advanced Practice, Obstetric/Gynecologic, General, Primary Care, Pediatric, Sports Medicine, Occupational/Community Health, Operating Room, Surgery, Lead Practical Nurse, Orthopedic/Podiatry, Supervisory Practical Nurse, Dermatology, Quality Assurance Evaluation, Gastroenterology, Pulmonary, or Instructor.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Practical Nurse, you will:
- Obtain information from patient and/or family to identify major complaints, symptoms, or reason for seeking health care.
- Take vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, pain level, height, weight, measurement of head circumference and length); perform a behavioral health screening.
- Provide individualized nursing care to patients of all ages based upon the physician's medical plan, the nursing assessment and the physical, mental and emotional needs of the patient.
- Assist physician with various examinations and diagnostic procedures.
- Screen and review immunization records to select required immunizations, correct dosages, and administer oral, intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular immunizations to all age groups.
- Perform teaching to patients and/or family regarding self-care procedures and documents teaching.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% Business Travel required.
- “Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230:
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- May include shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- Work schedule may require evenings, weekends, and holiday work hours.
Basic Requirement for Practical Nurse:
- Licensure: A current license to practice as a practical/vocational nurse in a State or territory of the United States or District of Columbia OR must have applied for a license to practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must be accompanied by a certified or photostatic copy of the license. Non-licensed candidates who have completed their training may be appointed subject to obtaining the required license during the probationary period. Those not licensed must furnish the date on which they applied for a license and the jurisdiction involved. No person appointed pending licensure may be retained beyond the probationary period if licensure has not been attained.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirement listed below:
- Experience required: One year of nursing experience in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised medical, nursing, or patient care facility that provided a practical knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques and procedures, performing such duties as providing nursing care to patients; assisting nurses or physicians with procedures or examinations; administering medication via various routes; and updating or maintaining patient medical records. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required for permanent competitive service positions.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- These positions may require a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- These positions are subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- These positions are Testing Designated Positions (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement physical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- If required, applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This announcement may be used to fill supervisory positions. A one year supervisory probationary/trial period may be required.
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent may be required to make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise and will be communicated during the hiring process if you are selected.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472028600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-06-19 to 2017-09-29
Salary: $31,819 to $41,368 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 06
Series: 0620 Practical Nurse
Appointment type: Multiple Appointment Types
Work schedule: Multiple Schedules
Job announcement number: NCMD17LPNINV1973537HMS
Control number: 472028600