HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Psych RN Charge Nurse in Brandon, Florida
Come and join our25 bed Behavioral Health Unit.
Brandon Regional Hospital is currently seeking a Full Time Charge Nurse with Psych in our Behavioral Health Unit. Apply today for immediate consideration!
This is a Night shift position. We do 12 hour shifts at our hospital.
The right Nurse will love to educate the staff, orient new staff members, precept, daily training, work on core measure, patient experience scores, help when needed on the floor and assist the Manager and Director with projects when needed.
Brandon Regional Hospital's behavioral health program is the only inpatient program in Eastern Hillsborough County. Our center consists of 25 dedicated beds for adults, 18years and older, who have behavioral health symptoms that are interfering with their daily lives. We offer a multidisciplinary approach where compassionate care is delivered in a private and spacious environment.
The Behavioral Health Center focuses on diagnosis, intervention and stabilization - utilizing specialized care in a dedicated setting, while having full access to the exceptional medical care of Brandon Regional Hospital.
A Healing Environment
Our 25 bed unit is located in its own discreet area to assure privacy, confidentiality and comfort. We emphasize the importance of instilling hope with:
Group and individual psychotherapy
Family support/education group
Interventions designed to guide the mind, body and spirit to recovery
Brandon utilizes complete computerized charting (Meditech) for patient assessment and care documentation, and eMAR to electronically record medication administration for the delivery of all medications provided to their patients. Computerized self-scheduling is available.
Brandon Regional Hospital is committed to providing our patients and their families with compassionate care. For more than 30 years our busy, 438-bed acute care facility has been dedicated to quality and devoted to our community. We have been named a Top 100 Hospital in America five times, and our Intensive Care Unit has been named a Top 100 ICU.
Families trust us to meet their needs, knowing that they have access to these Centers of Excellence:
Chest Pain Center * Heart & Vascular Institute * Spine Care Center * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Cancer Care * Women's & Children's Center
Join our friendly community hospital with its close-knit staff of caring professionals located just south of Tampa and discover how we care.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Current licensure as an RN.
* Current BLS and ACLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
* Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification required.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Previous RN experience in a hospital setting preferred.
* Experience in behavioral health preferred.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. At HCA West Florida's 16 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation's largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. To learn more and to apply, go to www.MoreCareerChoices.com.
The Comprehensive Hospital System Serving West Florida Blake Medical Center Brandon Regional Hospital Citrus Memorial Hospital Doctors Hospital of Sarasota Englewood Community Hospital Fawcett Memorial Hospital Largo Medical Center Memorial Hospital of Tampa Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute Oak Hill Hospital Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Palms of Pasadena South Bay Hospital St. Petersburg General Hospital Tampa Community Hospital Trinity Medical Center
Title: Psych RN Charge Nurse
Location: Florida-Brandon-Brandon Regional Hospital - Brandon
Requisition ID: 01384-11397