Cayuga Centers Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Auburn, New York
Invite a friend
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:Provide psychiatric evaluations and medication management of youth in the RTC and CNY TFFC Programs.
- Provide a psychiatric evaluation for all youth admitted to the RTC and CNY TFFC Programs.
- Conduct addition assessments if needed/requested during a youth’s placement.
- Provide needed medication management of youth in the RTC and CNY TFFC Programs.
- Work with Treatment Teams to develop treatment approaches and to problem solve around youth needs.
- To provide leadership and direction for the Health Services Office.
- Coordinate with the consulting psychologist and other staff and consultants conducting assessment to insure we are developing a coordinated holistic view of the youth and his/her needs.
- Conduct training of staff and TFFC Host Parents, and consult with them so they better understand the needs of those we are serving.
- Interpret to parents (birth and host) youth medication needs.
- Provide 24-7 on-call psychiatric coverage to both RTC and CNY TFFC Programs.
- In cases where a youth needs to be hospitalized, interpret youth needs to Emergency Room and hospital personnel.
- Demonstrates co-leadership at the Health Office in the delivery of mental health services.
- Coordinates psychiatric support services of the Health Office.
- Represents the Health Office in designated mental health-related programs and committees within the organization.
- Attends department meetings as needed.
Experience and Skills:
- Licensed as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. Qualified to serve youth and children.
- Two years’ experience serving youth and children.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a responsible manner.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Vehicle required: Must be safe and dependable.
- Cayuga Centers advises that he/she let his/her insurance company know if he/she uses his/her vehicle for agency business.
- Mileage, Tolls, & Parking are reimbursed through agency payroll.
- Ability to travel to all agency locations as required.
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
Job Tracking ID: 512690-583413
Job Location: Auburn, NY
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: July 17, 2017
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Starting Date: ASAP